Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Shepherd Is My Lord

The shepherd is my Lord, my God;
I shall not disappoint him.
He makes me sit in wooden pews:
He leads me to be dumb.

He saves my life, restores my soul:
He leads me to be holy.
Though I walk through poverty,
I will give him money.

Your superstitious rules control me
In a sermon pointed.
In the presence of the throng,
You say that you’re anointed.

Sunday, your mouth runneth over,
Dogmas all my life.
But I will not dwell in your house
All of my long life.


Copyright © 2011 David S. Robinson. Any part of this work may be transmitted, preformed or otherwise used in any form, so long as 1) I am clearly identified as the author, 2) a link or URL to this site is included, and 3) no changes are made without my prior written consent.

p.s. Feel free to comment on anything you liked or didn't like. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment