Search This Blog

Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Good Mother

A good mother is hard to find;
She is like a life preserver
In a raging sea,
Like a feast in famine.
Where is the love I was promised?
Or was I promised?
Promises like tears raining down
Slapping the ground rhythmically
Is she my mother?
Like a brick life preserver,
A death preserver.

A good mother is hard to find,
But you are like a love preserver
In a raging world,
My feast in famine.
Where is the love I was promised?
Do you have it?
Love falls from your heart like rain
Absorbing into the hardened concrete of my soul
You are my real mother!
My life preserver,
My love preserver.


Copyright © 2011 David S. Robinson. Any part of this work may be transmitted, preformed or otherwise used in any form, so long as 1) I am clearly identified as the author, 2) a link or URL to this site is included, and 3) no changes are made without my prior written consent.

p.s. Feel free to comment on anything you liked or didn't like. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment